The UMC General Confrence is May 10th – May 20th. There is a collection of issues to be informed on, and we have links to learn more…
Actions to take before General Conference 2016 Concerning LGBTQI Issues—UPDATED
“In May 2016, the UMC’s General Conference is expected to vote on whether or not to include LGBTQ congregants and ministers or continue to reject them and forbid same-sex marriage.” —from rmnetwork.org
1. Support the work by a donation: www.lyncoalition.org
2. Sign a letter to be sent to all delegates at General Conference. You can find the letter at: www.rmnetwork.org/newrmn/itstime
3. Join others in 60 days of prayer leading up to the General Conference at: http://60daysofprayer.org
4. Attend a showing of “An Act of Love” being offered on April 28, 2016 at Bethany Retirement Community in Chicago and May 15 at 1st UMC in Park Ridge. More details at www.rmnetwork.org/newrmn/itstime
UMC General Conference 2016 is May 10–20 What is going to be discussed and why is it important?
• Information about General Conference on all different topics can be found at: http://www.umc.org/topics/general-conference-2016
Legislative and social issues, change in church structure, investment and divestment rules, religious freedom laws and much more!
• The Advance Daily Christian Advocate (ADCA) and Daily Christian Advocate (DCA) provide important information to know prior to the 2016 General Conference and daily updates of the conference respectively. http://www.umc.org/who-we-are/gc2016-advance-edition-dailychristian- advocate
• Hacking Christianity is a United Methodist pastor’s blog that uses the tenets of hacking to debug and update contemporary expressions of Christianity so that the faith operates more smoothly, holistically, and justly today. http://hackingchristianity.net/
• Download the UMC General Conference 2016 Mobile App available at the Apple Store or Google Play Store!
© Chicago Temple 2017. All Rights Reserved
Select Photography by John H. White